Hybrid smartwatches: Wearable tech for people who still love the analog look

Hybrid smartwatches: Wearable tech for people who still love the analog look

Love the function but hate the look of smartwatches? Here are some options for you

Smartwatches are here to stay, but not everyone loves them. Sure you can do more with a small screen on your wrist. However, some people want to avoid the potential of even more distractions. And others prefer the look and feel of an analog watch. The good news is there's an option for you: the hybrid smartwatch. These watches have the style of a traditional watch with the functionality of a smartwatch. Here are a few options you can pick up today.

1. Fossil Q


Fossil is a popular watch producer, with its fashion-forward focus. The company recently released a smartwatch, but they also offer many different styles in their hybrid watch. With Fossil Q, you can still keep track of your steps and sleep while also receiving notifications from your phone. With many designs to choose from, you'll probably find a watch that matches your style. And the best part is you don't have to charge your watch. It comes with a replaceable battery that should last about six months.

2. Kairos


Still want an information display? Karios's hybrid watches are for you. These beautifully combine the mechanical with the digital. There are two models that give you slightly different amounts of information. One has 40 percent transparency and allows for a changing watch face to display information such as calories burned, steps taken and hours slept. The other has 60 percent transparency with set icons and a traditional clock face. Pick the one that best fits your needs and lifestyle.

3. Withings Activité Steel


If you're looking for something more minimalistic, Withings Activité Steel is the perfect fit. This watch sports a classy and minimal face that lets you tell the time and also provides updates on your activity goals. There are no buttons to interact with and no need for overnight charging. The watch can withstand swimming and showering. The watch comes in 9 different looks, allowing you to pick the right watch and band color that matches your style.

4. Misfit Phase


Near the more affordable end, the Misfit Phase provides all of the features you can expect from a hybrid smartwatch. You can tell the time, of course, while also receiving notifications from your phone. The watch will also track your steps, distance, calories, and light and restful sleep. It also comes in many different styles and is waterproof up to 5 atmospheres. Through the connected app, you can decide the functionality of the smart button from taking a selfie to controlling music and other smart home functions.

5. Chronos


If you have a collection of traditional watches you just can't part with, Chronos might be your solution. Rather than a smartwatch itself, it is a small disc that attaches to any watch to provide smartwatch functionality. Chronos provides fitness tracking, music control, notification alerts and allows you to tap it to find your phone. You can also control the shutter on your phone's camera and silence calls from your wrist.

Latest Articles from Topdust