Nearly half of Americans are trying to lose weight, and over 40 percent of them are men. 1 Most people are seeking weight loss to improve their overall health, 2 but many don't know where to start. Most people know they should exercise and eat less, but only 38.7 percent report that they are actively attempting to change their eating habits. They know they should change, but it's hard to start on their own.
For over 45 years, Nutrisystem's program has helped people with the unique challenges of losing weight. Their fully prepared, ready-to-heat meals are chef-created to fulfill the USDA Dietary Guidelines without sacrificing taste and the joys of eating. That means pizza, burgers, pasta and chocolate ice cream, all made in portions that promote weight loss. They also offer modified plans for men and women, giving men an extra meal occasion and the right amount of calories to lose weight without feeling hungry.
If you're a man trying to lose weight, here's what you need to know about what makes men's health journeys unique.
- Healthy, gradual weight loss is the way to go. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention cites that those who achieved a loss of 1-2 pounds per week were more likely to keep the weight off than people who try to lose a larger amount more quickly. Men lose weight faster than women,3 but only at first. That means consistency is key if you don't want to plateau!, People on a Nutrisystem can expect to lose 1-2 pounds per week on average.
- Losing weight lowers your risk for many diseases that men are vulnerable to, including type 2 diabetes, heart disease, certain types of cancer, kidney disease, fatty liver disease and a host of other problems.4
- Not all fat is made equal! Focus on cutting out trans fat. Studies indicate that the consumption of trans fat, or partially hydrogenated vegetable oil, leads to weight gain, compared to a diet of identical calories without trans fats.5Nutrisystem's food contains zero trans fat, so you can be sure to stay away from this secret weight-gain culprit.
- Add fiber to your diet. Studies show that making the single change of adding more fiber to your daily meals resulted in weight loss over the course of a year. All of Nutrisystem's carbohydrates like buttermilk waffles or pepperoni pizzas are higher in fiber than generic fast food versions.
- Eating more frequently with smaller meal occasions will keep you feeling fuller for longer. Nutrisystem not only allows but advises you to eat six times a day, every two to three hours. The inclusion of fun snacks that are healthier versions of your favorites, like pretzels, shortbread cookies, and even cheese puffs, keep you from bingeing on junk.
- The American Health Association recommends getting 150 minutes of moderate exercise per week, which can be broken down into five days of 30 minute sessions. Even just taking a 20 minute walk after dinner can have major benefits.
There's a lot to think about when it comes to weight loss, but Nutrisystem makes it easy. Starting at less than $12 a day, Nutrisystem is a convenient program that really works. Nutrisystem for Men takes into account men's need for higher calorie consumption without compromising satiety. They send meals straight to your door, so there's no thinking, which makes it super simple to begin your weight loss journey. After one week of Nutrisystem, you can incorporate your own grocery items into meals on your own or enjoy a night out with friends. With Nutrisystem, weight loss can finally become an attainable goal.
UPDATE: The awesome folks at Nutrisystem are extending a special offer to our readers. Follow this link to receive 50% OFF the one time rate with new 4 week auto-delivery order!